It was three years ago this July, when the print edition of Macon Community News was mailed to 12,000 households and businesses in Macon-Bibb County. The run lasted 6 months and our last issue was published in December 2013.
Our intent has always been to bring the paper back in some form and now 30 months after the last print issue went to press, this online only edition is born.
At first, content will not grow quickly, so bear with us as we renew our partnerships with content generators and form new ones. If you are interested in contributing, we will be posting a contact form soon for that purpose.
Our stories will follow the model of the print edition, which will focus on positive stories that highlight the people, businesses and events in the Macon community. This will include the following:
- Profiles on locally owned businesses
- Profiles on local people or those who have impacted the local area
- Coverage of local governments, town halls and forums
- Features about local service, social, and charitable organizations
- Stories about local schools, including sports
- Information about local crime and safety
- Announcements about local happenings and events
- Menus and reviews about local restaurants
- Local commentary of interest to people in the Macon community
- Anything we see fit to publish