Macon community news is looking for writers and content. If you would like to see the things that interest you get more publicity, we’d love to host your story and share it with the rest of Middle Georgia.
Our model is to focus on local news and information that you cannot easily find online. We do not care about or need ad revenue, so there is no pressure to create sensationalistic click bait. We just want stories that inform our readers about the things going on in Macon and Middle Georgia because we have long been frustrated by the lack of such information.
Here are some examples of stories that we’d love to publish:
- Announcements about events from local clubs and organizations, such as meeting times and places, elections and their mission. If you are a membet of an organization that never gets publicity, this would be a perfect opportunity to change that.
- Profiles of local restaurants. If you want to share and support a local restaurant, here is your chance.
- Profiles of local businesses. If you are a customer or even the owner of a local business that does good work, we want to hear about it.
- Success stories about students, schools and teachers.
- Commentary on a local issue about government, trash collection, or even kudos when appropriate.
- Advice on any subject relevant to Middle Georgia.
- Day trips and things to do and see.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Networking and career development.
All articles are casual in nature and a more conversational editorial style will be allowed. We do not want these stories to be a chore, but a joy to write.
If you’d like to contribute, please fill out our interest form.